If the pulp of a tooth is damaged, the tooth will die. This is because the pulp is the life essence of the tooth, as it holds the connective tissues, nerve endings, and blood vessels that keep the tooth alive. However, it may still be possible to save teeth by removing damaged pulps.
Save dying teeth with root canals. For more information about root canals, consider the following:
– If the pulp in a tooth is brutally damaged or infected, it will need to be treated as soon as possible with a root canal treatment if there is any hope of saving a tooth.
– If bacteria from outside sources enters the pulp and infects it, the tooth may require a root canal.
– In some cases, constant wear and tear on teeth from dental erosion or even other dental treatments can expose the root of the tooth to outside sources, which can lead to pulp damage and obligatory root canals.
– Oral accidents and injuries are a part of life, and if you do happen to suffer an accident that injures a tooth’s pulp, it may still be possible to save the tooth with a root canal, even if the tooth has been cracked.
– If the pulp is severely damaged, it may require a root canal treatment.
If you would like a root canal treatment from Michael Kim, DDS at our dentist office in Mequon, Wisconsin, please contact us at 262-241-5558. Dr. Michael Kim and the rest of our team will ensure you get the clean smile you desire. We look forward to doing our best to ensure your oral health remains terrific.